NAWG are going to Warwick again in 2014:
The accommodation was good – the food was delicious, with marvelous choices and the Gala Dinner was a real Gala event, but it all costs money, and so regretfully, along with Warwick University, NAWG are going to have to raise the prices a little, but they are still very reasonable for this top quality weekend. There will be 22 serious learning workshops, led by 9 professional tutor/writers to hone your writing skills and many other activities, all in the expansive background of a top class University. The line-up of tutors will be:
- Tim Wilson/Jude Morgan – latest book ‘ The Secret Life of William Shakespeare’;
- Maggie Harris, latest book of poetry, ‘Sixty Years of Loving’;
- Marvin Close, Lyric Writing, with musical help from his guitar;
- Steve Bowkett, Friday afternoon writing warm-up classes – a favourite for getting into the learning mood;
- Veronica Heley, Crime Writer, 72 published books;
- David Nobbs, creator of ‘Reginald Perrin’ and a ‘Bit of a Do’ – Tutor and After-Dinner Speaker.
- Paul Dodgson, whose writing credits include 13 plays for BBC Radio 4.
- Jane Wenham-Jones, of ‘Wannabe a Writer the TV Show’, fame;
- Judi Goodwin, who will help you to unleash your writing power.
What more could you want? Use of a free to all fitness centre? Heated swimming pool? En suite rooms with baths? A glittering Gala Dinner in the Chancellors Suite, where the 2014 NAWG Competition winners will be announced? (The ones that NAWG members should be entering now.) For all of this, the full weekend package will be £280 for non-NAWG members and £250 for members. And, an opportunity to stay over on Sunday night for £50 extra; giving an option to wind-down and explore the area. Further details: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark your diary now; join us at the next Warwick Festival of Writing
29th – 31st August 2014
Check our website for full details, coming soon: www.nawg.co.uk