Buxton Poetry Competition 2014 is now open for entries. Our theme this year is ‘The Natural World’. We are delighted to welcome a new judge this year – Helen Mort who is the new Derbyshire Poet Laureate.
For more information and to download an entry form please visit http://www.buxtonfestival.co.uk/outreach/poetry-competition/ .
• Buxton Poetry Competition is now open for entries
• The closing date for entries is 7th April 2014
• Poems must not exceed 40 lines
• Poems must be typed on one side of A4 white paper with no illustrations
• Poems are judged anonymously and the name of the poet must not appear on the poem
• All poems must be accompanied by a completed entry form
• Poems must be the original work of the author and previously unpublished
• Maximum three poems per entrant
• Each poem should have a title
• Receipt of entries can be confirmed if a SAE is included with the entry form
• The 15 finalists will be informed after 1 June
• The judges’ decision is final
• Copyright remains with the poet however finalists’ poems may be used by competition
organisers free of charge in promotional material, display or press for up to four years
Entry Details and Fees
• Please complete and return the form in this leaflet to enter the competition
• Entry to the Open Category is £5 per poem
• Entries to the Young People’s and Children’s Categories are free
• Entries cannot be submitted by email
• Payment is by cheque only. Please make cheque payable to Buxton Festival
• Payment by cash cannot be accepted
To download the Competition pack – click here.