First prize: £150 Second prize: £80 Third prize: £30
Closing date: 31st October 2014
Online entries and expanded rules available at www.swconline.co.uk
- Your entry should be an unpublished, original story on any theme of up to 2000 words.
- Do not put your name on your story but do give it a suitable title.
- There is no set theme.
- You do not need an entry form. Send us a separate cover sheet with each entry’s title, word count, your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- For internet entries, please include PayPal ref. number in body of email OR put the story(ies) names in the comments box when paying. Also please use basic formatting in any of .doc, .docx, rich text or .odf when attaching your file to the email.
- No individual correspondence will be entered into regarding receipt of works/payments.
- Please include an SAE if you wish to receive a print of the results/judges report (if available) when the competition is finished.
- Winners will be informed in December, general availability of results will be available on website thereafter.
- Entries in English please.
- Winning stories may be published on website for 12 months with permission of original author.
Optional – Paper saving single-spaced entries encouraged.
- The fee is £3.00 for each story, or £10 for 4. You can pay by cheque or postal order made out to Southport Writers’ Circle.
Send entries to:
Short Story Competition
Southport Writers’ Circle
35 Sussex Road,
Southport, PR9 0SR
Alternatively visit www.swconline.co.uk for online entry.