The Complete Article Writer began life as a series of eight step-by-step workshops that took delegates through the process of creating a publishable article. In book format its aim is the same: to show you how to get from a potential idea to a finished article written for a specific readership.
The Complete Article Writer explores:
– article ideas: generating ideas and maximising their potential
– magazine analysis: identifying your potential readers and the aspects of your idea that will interest them most
– article structure: choosing the best structure for your idea, and how to make it an engaging read
– creativity: adding interest and sparkle to your article
– pitching: selling your idea to an editor before you write the article
– rights: understanding the rights a magazine buys from you, and how you can re-use your ideas.
Simon Whaley’s articles have appeared in a variety of publications, including: BBC Countryfile, Country Walking, Lakeland Walker, The Simple Things, Cumbria, Discover Britain, British Heritage, The People’s Friend, Outdoor Photography, The Observer and the Daily Express.