Click here to sign up to our mailing list and be notified automatically every year when our latest Doris Gooderson competition launches!
The Wrekin Writers Doris Gooderson Short Story Competition 2023
Did you know?
Since we started donating half the profits from the Doris Gooderson Short Story competition in 2013, you’ve helped us raise:
- Entries must not exceed 1200 words.
- Entries should be in the form of a short story, on any theme, and written in English.
- Prizes: 1st = £200, 2nd = £100 and 3rd = £50.
- A fee of £5 is required per entry. Multiple entries are acceptable.
- This competition is open to anyone, of any age, from anywhere in the world, including members of Wrekin Writers who are not involved in the competition administration or judging process.
- Payments must be made in pounds sterling (GBP).
- The Closing Date is 12th July 2023 and all entries (and fees) must arrive by 11.59pm BST on that day.
- Winners will be notified by 1st October 2023.
- Copyright remains with the author, although the winning entries may be published in the next Wrekin Writers Anthology and on the Wrekin Writers website. Publication in the anthology, or on the website, is not guaranteed.
- No entries should be submitted into any other competition, whilst this competition is running, but may be entered elsewhere after 1st October 2023.
- Entries received after the closing date will not be judged, nor will any entry fees be refunded.
- No entries should have won a competition or have been previously published (this includes online where someone (other than the writer) has decided to accept and publish the story. Note that stories uploaded by the entrant onto forums for peer-review and critiquing purposes only are not deemed to have been published).
- Entries failing to meet all of these rules will be disqualified. Fees from disqualified entries will not be returned.
- Entry indicates an acceptance of these rules.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries should not have the author’s name, or any other identifying marks, on the typescript. Each page should contain the story title and page number at the top or bottom.
- Single-spaced entries are accepted – no need to double space.
38 thoughts on “6. Doris Gooderson Short Story Competition”
Comments are closed.